. .
Initiative Comparison to Cooldowns

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kangkangqi
UnderGround Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Initiative Comparison to Cooldowns If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

This is rather impressive to me as if you look at the cooldowns for other classes' weapon skills, they range from 2 sec (elementalist's Shatterstone) to 50 sec with the average is 19.88 sec (for all other classes' land weapons according to the wiki's current numbers ... including the 2 and 3 sec archeage gold on "weaker" abilities).To me, this says that, even before traits, Thieves have the most versatility when it comes the use of their weapon skills ... and this is just taking into account cooldowns ... not the facts that:Thieves can spam the same skill as long as they have the initiative for itThieves can take the same weapon(s) for both weapon sets without any penality (some like to do this so they can the on-swap runes but use the same weapon) ... for other classes they'd share the cooldowns.Thieves have other traits that further increase regen when stealthedThieves have other traits that give back initiative from some skills effectively reducing the cost ... i.e reducing the cooldownThieves have non-weapon skills that give initiative-----I think those who think the whole point of initiative was to allow Thieves to spam one or so skills are missing the greater points of the initiative system-----I think anyone who looks at this and thinks that it is OP is also mistaken as, while Thieve's initiative beats the wow gold for a single weapon set, it is balanced a bit by the fact that other classes' weapon skills are not shared between their two weapon sets (unless same weapons are used in each set) while Thieves share the same initiative for both their weapon sets.In the end, this gives about the same "amount of cooldown" for each ... allowing the Thief far more control over how they handle their "cooldowns".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UnderGround Forum Index -> -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

© 2007 Informe.com. Get Your Own Free Portal.